THE ULTIMATE AVOCADO VEGGIE BURGER (vegan)
Total Preparation time is 3 Hours. 1 Hour to make the burger, 2 Hours to soak the cashews.
For the Chickpea Burger Patties:
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt and pepper
For the avocado Mayo:
- ¾ cup cashews
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
• Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Burgers:
• Avocado Chickpea patties
• Greens of choice
• Grated carrot
• Red onion, sliced
• Microgreens or sunflower shoots to garnish
• Buns of choice
- Start by making the avocado mayo: Soak the cashews in water for 2 hours.
- Drain the cashews and add to a blender with the avocados and all other ingredients. Pulse until smooth and store in the refrigerator.
- For the patties: preheat oven to 180°C and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the drained chickpeas and avocado in a bowl. Mash with a hand masher until the chickpeas form a rough texture. Add the herbs, salt, and nutritional yeast, mix well to combine.
- Form two patties with wet hands and transfer to the baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes and flip halfway through.
- To assemble: place the lettuce or greens of your choice on the burger buns, top with a veggie patty, grated carrot, sliced red onion, and drizzle with the avocado mayonnaise. Serve garnished with micro greens or sunflower shoots.