Smashed Avocado & Pea Dip
- 250 g baby peas or petit pois
- 2 avocados, peeled and stoned, reserve 1/4 for garnish
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) freshly chopped parsley
- 50 ml avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil, and extra to drizzle
- Big pinch of sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Roosterkook or garlic bread for dunking
- Boil the peas in rapidly boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water. When cold reserve 50 g of peas for garnish.
- Place remaining peas and avocado with lemon juice, zest, parsley, avocado oil seasoning in the bowl of a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Serve the dip in shallow bowls topped with diced avocado, and peas sprinkled with parsley and a drizzle with avocado oil. Serve with braaied roosterkoek or thick slices of crusty bread for dunking.