SCHNITZEL CAPRESE WITH AVOCADO
- 4 crumbed schnitzels, chicken, beef or pork
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 16 slices
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 8 thick slices ripe tomato
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Basil pesto to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and lay the schnitzels on the tray. Top each schnitzel with the slices of tomato, mozzarella and alternate with sliced avocado and basil leaves, drizzle with avocado oil.
- Bake according to instruction on the packaging, until the schnitzels are golden brown, and the mozzarella melted.
- Serve hot with a dollop of pesto and extra sliced avocado.