Refreshing Cucumber, Basil & Avocado Granita with Mint Sugar
- 2 English cucumbers, juiced (do they need to be peeled, chopped before?)
- 500 ml apple or pear juice
- 2 – 3 sprigs basil leaves
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
- 1 packet / 30 g mint leaves, washed
- 120 g white sugar
- Juice the cucumbers in a juicer, discard the pulp. Mix the cucumber juice with the apple juice and using a stick blender whizz the avocado and basil into the juice. Strain the mixture and discard any lumps. Pour the juice into a shallow container and freeze for 2 hours. After 2 hours scrape the frozen mixture into the bowl of a food processor and whizz until smooth. Return mixture to the container and freeze again for 6 hours.
- To make the mint sugar place the ingredients into a food processor and whizz to combine, it will go a bright green colour. Do this shortly before serving.
- To serve, scoop granita into coupé glasses and sprinkle over the mint sugar.
- Serve immediately as a palette cleanser.