PAPRIKA & GARLIC PRAWNS WITH AVOCADO
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) avocado or olive oil
- 500 g large prawns, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 2,5 ml (½ tsp) sea salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) dry sherry
- 10 ml (2 tsp) fresh lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cold unsalted butter, diced
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) smoked paprika
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 avocados, stoned and roughly mashed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat a cast iron skillet or thick bottom frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat. Add the prawns in a single layer. Cook, undisturbed, until lightly golden, about 90 seconds. Sprinkle with salt, crushed red pepper and garlic. Turn prawns and sauté until just cooked through, about 1 minute longer. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add sherry to the pan to deglaze; stirring to release the remaining bits on the bottom of the pan, and cook until the liquid has reduced by half, about 1- 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and juices from the prawns. Remove pan from the heat and then add butter and smoked paprika, stir until sauce is creamy. Spoon sauce over the prawns; sprinkle with parsley.
- Season avocado to taste. Place a dollop of avocado onto individual serving spoons or small tapas dishes, top with warm prawns and serve immediately, with lemon wedges.