MEXICAN CHICKEN TRAY BAKE
- 4 chicken thighs and 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 jar tomato salsa (may substitute with 1 can chopped tomato & onion)
- 500 g pumpkin or butternut, seeded, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 red and yellow peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 200 g mixed cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
For the chilli-lime cream:
- 160 g sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chilli or hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Fresh coriander
- Additional mashed avocado or guacamole to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large bowl toss the chicken thighs and drumsticks with the taco sea-soning.
- Spoon tomato salsa over base of a casserole dish. Arrange the pumpkin, onion, peppers and tomatoes over salsa. Top with chicken mixture. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake, turning occasionally, for 35-40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make the chilli-lime cream, combine sour cream, chilli sauce and lime juice in a small bowl. Season.
- Arrange the avocado and coriander over the chicken mixture in the pan. Serve with the chilli-lime cream and extra guacamole.