MEAL IN A BOWL – AVOCADO, QUINOA AND CHICKPEA WARM SALAD
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled and halved
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 x 410g tin chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup mixed sprouts
- Flat leaf parsley or micro herbs to serve
- Black sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cook the quinoa by placing 1 cup quinoa in a pot with 2 cups water, bring to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 12 minutes until water is evaporated. Fluff with a fork and the grains should be swollen and glassy.
- Cut 4 of the avocado halves into cubes, keeping the other 4 halves for serving.
- Toss all the ingredients together, season with sea salt and black pepper.