LOW FAT AVOCADO RISOTTO
- 2 large shallots or 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 ½ cups (340g) Arborio rice
- ½ cup (125ml) dry white wine
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 cups (1 litre) chicken or vegetable stock, hot
- 60 g (2/3 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ avocados, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sauté the onion in avocado oil over medium heat until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and sauté, stirring constantly, until the rice looks translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until evaporated.
- Season with salt and add 1 cup of the warm stock.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the stock is absorbed.
- Continue cooking, adding the rest of the stock, 1 cup at a time, until the rice is done, about 15 minutes.
- When ready, risotto rice should be moist and creamy and the rice al dente (each grain tender on the surface and slightly firm inside).
- Gently fold in Parmesan cheese, avocado and chopped herbs, and season to taste with pepper, and serve in warm bowls.