- 300 g tagliatelle or pasta of your choice
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and stoned
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 30 g coriander, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 chilli, chopped (optional)
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 chilli, sliced (optional)
- Avocado or olive oil, to drizzle
- Extra lemon to squeeze over
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to instructions on the packet.
- While the pasta is cooking, place one avocado in a food processor or jug of a stick blender, with the spring onions, coriander, garlic, chilli, cumin, paprika, lemon juice and zest. Whizz to a smooth consistency.
- Drain the pasta and reserve 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the pasta cooking water. Toss the hot pasta with the avocado sauce. If the sauce is very thick it can be thinned down with some of the pasta water.
- Cut the remaining avocado into cubes.
- Serve immediately in warm bowls with cherry tomatoes, chopped avocado, seasoning, sliced chilli (if using) lemon wedges and a drizzle of avocado oil.