GREEN MINESTRONE WITH AVOCADO
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and halved
- 50 ml avocado or olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 g green veggies: courgettes, asparagus, mange tout, baby spinach or petit pois peas
- 1,5 litres good quality chicken or vegetable stock
- 150 g orzo pasta rice, well rinsed
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of pesto
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To serve grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan, add the onion, celery and a pinch of salt, and fry for 8 minutes until soft, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and green vegetables and cook for 5-8 minutes until just tender.
- Stir in the orzo and cook for a further 5 minutes until the pasta is al dente, add the lemon juice and zest. Swirl through the pesto and adjust seasoning.
- To serve dice or slice the avocado and serve the hot soup in warm bowls topped with the avocado slices and grated Parmesan cheese.