CRISPY OVEN BAKED FISH WITH AVOCADO TARTAR
- Avocado or olive oil to drizzle
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 80 g (2/3 cup) dried breadcrumbs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fish spice
- 8 firm white fish fillets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 10 ml (2 tbsp.) capers, drained and chopped
- 3 small gherkins, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh dill, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) plain yoghurt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned and diced
- Extra lemon wedges to serve
- Extra dill to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180˚C
- Add a drizzle of the oil onto a baking tray.
- Combine the Parmesan and breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Season the fish with the fish spice, dip the fish into the egg and then the breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Arrange fish on the baking tray and bake until golden and the fish flakes easily when pressed with a fork, about 10 – 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- While the fish is cooking make the tartar: Place the capers, gherkins, spring onions, and dill into a bowl and mix to combine. Divide the mixture in half and place one half in the jug of a stick blender with the yoghurt, lemon juice and zest and one avocado. Whizz with a stick blender until smooth, spoon into a bowl and stir through the remaining half of the caper mixture.
- Serve the fish with the second diced avocado, tartar sauce and wedges of lemon. Garnish with dill.