Chip & Dip Nachos with Guacamole
A lighter version of nachos, which is super tasty.
- 250 g nachos/corn chips1 small avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- ½ pkt (15 g) fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 250 ml store bought tomato salsa
- 2-3 tbsp (45 ml) plain yoghurt
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and stoned
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 15 g (½ punnet) coriander, plus a little extra for garnish
- Salt & pepper, to season
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven on grill.
- In a bowl mix together the diced avo, red onion, tomato, jalapeño, and coriander, season and toss to combine, set aside for the flavours to develop.
- Layer the nachos on a baking tray or oven proof skillet and pour over the salsa, place under the grill for 7-10 minutes until the chips are golden and toasted and the tomato salsa is bubbling.
- Make the guacamole by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and roughly mash together.
- Scatter the avo tomato mixture over the salsa chips, top with dollops of guacamole and drizzle with the plain yoghurt.
- Serve with extra guacamole and garnish with fresh coriander and lime wedges.