AVOCADO & SWEET POTATO, BROWN RICE BUDDHA BOWL
- 2 cups orange sweet potato or butternut, cubed and cooked
- 2 cups brown rice, barley or spelt, cooked
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, or fresh peas, blanched
- 2 cups trimmed and roughly chopped sugar snap peas, mange tout, or thinly sliced broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage, spinach, lettuce or kale (ribs removed)
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and thinly sliced into long strips
- 1 small cucumber, very thinly sliced
- Thinly sliced spring onion
- Lemon wedges
- Sesame seeds
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and stored
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Divide the rice/veggie mixture and raw veggies into 4 bowls.
- Arrange cucumber slices along the edge of the bowl.
- Place a lemon wedge or 2 in each bowl.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and micro herbs.
- When you’re ready to serve, divide the avocado into the bowls.
- Lightly drizzle the dressing over the salad, squeeze lemon juice over the avocado, followed by a generous sprinkle of sesame seeds and sea salt.
- Add a poached egg for an extra boast of protein
- Whizz all ingredients together in a blender, add a couple of tablespoons of cold water if necessary to reach a pouring consistency