Avocado salad with Roast Tomatoes, Baby Corn, & Spring Onions
For the roasted tomatoes
- 10 ripe plum tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 150 g cocktail tomatoes.
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) avocado or olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) crushed garlic
- Pinch of dried mixed herbs
- Large handful rocket
- 3 avocados, peeled, stoned and cut into quarters
- 2 punnets baby corn, char grilled or roasted
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) avocado or olive oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) balsamic vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 – 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place the cocktail tomatoes on a baking tray. Roast for 8-10 minutes, or until softened, but do not overcook, they should hold their shape and not be mushy.
- For the salad: place the avocado quarters on a flat platter, arrange the tomato halves and chargrilled corn on top and scatter over the rocket.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.