Avocado, Ricotta, White Bean & Basil Pasta Salad
- 500 g pasta, rigatoni or penne
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 1x 400 g chickpeas, drained
- 1x 400 g cannellini beans
- 30 g fresh basil, chopped, and a few leaves reserved for garnish
- 200 g fresh ricotta, crumbled.
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) basil pesto
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon avocado oil or fruity olive oil
- 30 – 45 ml water
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the packet. Drain, refresh in cold water and transfer to a large bowl. Toss the pasta with the avocado, chickpeas, cannellini beans, basil and ricotta. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- To make the Avocado Pesto Mayo; combine one small avocado, with the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend to combine, adding the water a little at a time until the dressing is a smooth pourable consistency.
- Serve the salad drizzled with the dressing and garnished with fresh basil leaves.