AVOCADO PASTA WITH CHORIZO, OLIVES AND AVO PESTO
Serve in bowls with slices of avocado, a dollop of avocado pesto and extra grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts (toasted if preferred)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp water, plus more if necessary
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Big pinch sea salt
- Avocado oil to drizzle on top
- 300g wholewheat pasta
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 12- 14 black olives, stoned
- 200g chorizo sausage, sliced and cooked
- 100g Parmesan cheese, grated or shaved
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced.
- Micro herbs to garnish
- Cook pasta according to instructions on-pack.
- While the pasta is cooking make the pesto. Add basil, avocado, garlic, pine nuts and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds or until pesto is chopped. Add in water and process again until combined. You may need to add more water to get it to your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, stir in the cheese, and drizzle with avocado oil to prevent it going brown.
- Drain the pasta and toss gently with remaining ingredients.