AVOCADO, NAARTJIE (or clementines) AND CARAMELISED PECAN NUT SALAD WITH POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 6 ripe avocados, peeled & sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 naartjies, broken into segments or sliced
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 100g caramelised pecan nuts
- Micro herbs to garnish
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a screw top bottle and shake to combine.
- In a small bowl marinate the red onion slices for 5-10 minutes in the dressing.
- Arrange the avocado on a platter, with the naartjies, orange segments and pecan nuts. Pour the dressing and marinated onions over the salad.
- Serve immediately.