AVOCADO FRITTATA WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES, FETA AND OLIVES
- ½ cup chopped spring onions
- 2-3 teaspoons avocado oil
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 125 ml milk
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 100 g crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped black olives
- ½ cup chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- Extra avocado slices to serve.
- Heat the oven to 180º C.
- In a non-stick pan with an ovenproof handle sauté the onions in the oil until soft – about 5 minutes and add the button mushrooms, sauté for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, mixed herbs and salt.
- Gently toss the avocado with lemon juice.
- When the oven is hot, evenly scatter the avocado, feta cheese, olives and sundried tomatoes over the sautéed onion and mushrooms.
- Pour egg mixture into the pan taking care not to disturb the other ingredients. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the frittata is set firm and the top lightly browned, the frittata should be set with a slight wobble in the centre.
- To serve cut into wedges and serve with avocado slices, a rocket leaf salad and crusty bread.