Avocado, Feta, Olive & Melon Salad
Watermelon and feta salad is a classic outdoor entertaining salad. We have given the classic recipe an avo-licious twist by adding our favourite fruit, avocados! If watermelon is out of season green melon or strawberries can be substituted. This salad makes a wonderful starter served on individual plates.
- 2 avocados, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 700 g watermelon, peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 200 g firm feta, crumbled
- 20 black olives, pitted
- 1 bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Micro greens to garnish
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Lime wedges to serve
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic reduction
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) avocado or olive oil
- Arrange the avocado and watermelon on individual plates or a large platter, scatter with the red onion slices, crumbled feta and olives.
- Garnish with mint leaves, and micro greens, a grinding of pepper and drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.