AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- 250 g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 120 ml milk (or a little more for preferred consistency)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Fresh berries
- Grated dark chocolate
- Place the chopped chocolate into a heatproof bowl and either microwave on medium heat using 30 second bursts (stirring between each) or set over a pan of lightly simmering water – do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water (stirring frequently), until melted and smooth. NOTE: When the chocolate is almost melted, remove from the heat and just stir through until smooth to avoid over-heating. Set aside to cool slightly whilst you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cut the avocados in half and de-pip. Scoop the flesh into the bowl of a food processor. Add ¾ of the milk to the avocado and blend until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate to the blender and blend into the other ingredients until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender bowl and add the rest of the milk a tablespoon at a time blending until the mousse is the desired consistency (it will thicken a little further as it cools and sets).
- Taste the mousse for sweetness. If you feel it needs more sweetness (it will very much depend on personal preference and on the type of chocolate used), add a little honey (1-2 tablespoons) and blend again. You may also choose to add more milk than the recipe indicates if you want your mousse to be ‘looser’.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and fresh berries, and serve.