AVOCADO CHOCOLATE ICING
Delicious lactose free topping alternative to melted chocolate for baked treats!
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and stones removed
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 6 – 8 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey (if not vegan)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until smooth. A couple of tablespoons of avocado oil or melted coconut oil may be added if needed for a smooth consistency.
- If the icing splits or separates from the additional oil, place the icing in a bowl and whisk in 2-3 teaspoons of ice-cold water.
- Use immediately to ice cupcakes or the chocolate brownies.