AVOCADO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- 1 large or 2 medium, ripe avocados skin and pit removed
- ½ cup pure maple syrup, honey or agave syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a lightly greased 23 cm baking dish.
- In a food processor, add the avocado, maple syrup, and sugar. Blend well. Then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well so that all the ingredients are blended.
- Make sure to scrape down the sides.
- Slowly add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa and stir well.
- Turn off the processor and remove the blade.
- Stir in the chocolate chips using a spoon or spatu-la.
- Spread the batter into the baking dish evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Test the middle of the batter with a knife or toothpick to make sure nothing sticks.
- Remove from heat and let cool before cutting into squares.