AVOCADO & BOEREWORS SALAD
To assemble the salad, arrange the sweet potatoes and boerewors on a platter, peel and quarter the avocados and place on the platter, drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and garnish with herbs or micro greens, serve warm.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 650 g boerewors
- 2-3 large, sweet potatoes, preferably orange (can be substituted for butternut)
- 50 ml avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon braai spice
- 100 ml sweet chilli sauce
- Fresh herbs or micro greens
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, cut into wedges, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with braai spice. Roast on an oven tray for 30-40 minutes until cooked through and the edges are nicely charred.
- Remove the casing from the boerewors and with wet hands roll the sausage meat into meatballs, the size of a ping-pong ball or walnut.
- Fry the boerewors balls in a nonstick pan until golden brown and cooked through approximately 10 minutes.