AVOCADO AND HADDOCK KEDGEREE
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 200 g haddock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 6 spring onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and quartered
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Ground back pepper to taste
- ½ of the juice of lemon
- Cook 1 cup of brown basmati rice in 2 cups of water, until tender, drain and rinse.
- Poach approximately 200 g of haddock in milk until it flakes with a fork.
- Fry the rice in a tablespoon of avocado oil (or olive oil), add the haddock, 6 spring onions sliced and a tablespoon of curry powder
- Gently toss the fish into the rice.
- Slice in one whole avo and serve with hard-boiled egg quarters and garnish with fresh coriander, a grinding of black pepper and a good squeeze of lemon juice.