AVO & PUMPKIN PUREE
Butternut or sweet potato can be substituted for the pumpkin. Avocado makes a healthy first food, containing monounsaturated fats and essential nutrients.
Extra purée can be stored covered in the fridge, serve at room temperature. (do not heat in the microwave as the avocado will turn bitter)
- ¼ small wedge pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- ¼ ripe, fresh avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon apple purée, homemade or readymade (optional)
- Cook pumpkin in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes until very tender.
- Drain and cool completely.
- Mash the pumpkin and avocado in a bowl until smooth.
- Add apple purée to taste.
- Serve baby 1 to 2 tablespoons of the mixture.