Autumn Avocado, Plum, Tomato & Sesame Seed Salad
If plums are out of season increase the tomato or substitute with other stone fruit such as nectarines or white peaches. The dressing is delicious on other salads and the recipe can be doubled and stored in a screw top jar in the fridge
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned and quartered
- 600 g mixed ripe assorted tomatoes
- 3 ripe plums, pitted and sliced into wedges
- 6 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- Handful of chives, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) fish sauce (optional, omit for vegan)
- 10 ml (2 tsp) soya sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) avocado or olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) toasted sesame seeds (reserve 1 teaspoon for garnish)
- 5 cm ginger, finely grated
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) caster sugar
- Pinch of chilli flakes, (optional)
- Start by making the dressing; place all the ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well to combine. Allow to stand and infuse while you make the salad.
- To make the salad; arrange the avocado quarters, tomatoes and plum slices on a large platter, sprinkle over spring onions, chives and reserved sesame seeds. Serve drizzled with sesame dressing.
- Serve immediately.