AVOCADO CORN SOUP WITH MASHED AVOCADO
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 can creamy style corn
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups water or stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 3 ripe avocados
- Spring onion (sliced) and fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the avocado oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, celery and carrot until just tender.
- Add the corn, thyme, water or stock and salt to taste.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Puree vegetables, adding more water or milk if necessary, to bring to desired consistency.
- Season to taste with the pepper and paprika and reheat.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice to taste.
- Just before serving, finely mash 2 of the avocados and stir through the hot soup.
- Roughly mash the remaining avocado and coat in lemon juice.
- Serve the soup in warm bowls and garnish with the mashed avocado, fresh coriander and sliced spring onions.