These rules apply to the #avodineSA competition (hereinafter referred to as “the competition”). This competition is being run by: The South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA). Please contact email@example.com if you do not understand any part of these rules or if you have any questions about these rules or the mechanics of the competition.
By entering the competition, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound to these rules.
- WHEN DOES THE COMPETITION START AND END?
The competition starts at 09h00 Thursday 5th May 2022 and will continue until 22h00 Sunday 15th May 2022. This is the competition period. SAAGA reserves the right to extend the duration of the competition, subject to these terms and conditions.
- WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION?
All natural persons residing in South Africa, including South African citizens and Foreign Nationals over the age of 18 years may enter the competition. To qualify to receive the prize you must have a valid and an operational South African bank account. You must also have complied with all competition mechanics which are elaborated on in the “How to enter” section (point 4).
- WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
The following persons may not take part in this competition even if they qualify to enter. They will forfeit (give up) any prizes awarded to them:
- SUBTROP or SAAGA employees i.e., director(s), member(s), partner(s), employee(s), and their respective promotional or advertising agency(s), or consultant(s) involved with this competition.
- Any supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition.
- The spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named above.
- Legal Entities
- HOW TO ENTER?
- Add an avo to your restaurant or takeaway meal – breakfast, lunch or supper.
- Take a pic of your avo restaurant or takeaway meal and post it under the #avodineSA competition post on the Facebook page @iloveavocadoSA https://www.facebook.com/iloveavocadoSA/)
- Comment with:
- Add an avo @restaurantname* (*name of the establishment you have ordered a sit-down or takeaway meal from)
- Add the hashtag #avodinesa
- Your final comment/post, along with your pic, should read as follows:
- Add an avo @restaurantname #avodinesa
- On Friday 6th, Saturday 7th, Sunday 8th, Monday 9th May and Saturday 14th, Sunday 15th, Monday 16th May – each of those days, 15 (fifteen) randomly selected entrants will win R1 000 cash each – total 7 days
- A total of 105 (one hundred and five) randomly selected winners will receive R1 000 each.
- On Tuesday 17th May 1 (one) randomly selected entrant will be drawn to win the grand prize of R10 000. The grand prize winner may or may not have been one of the previously randomly selected winners of the R1000 prizes.
- CRITERIA & JUDGING
- Entrants will be randomly selected based on entries which have adhered to terms in the “How to enter” section (point 4).
- The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 15 (fifteen) winners per day for 7 (seven) days will be randomly selected by SAAGA to win the R1 000 cash prizes.
- 1 (one) entrant, from all entries received, will be randomly selected by SAAGA to win the R10 000 grand prize. The grand prize winner may or may not have been one of the previously randomly selected winners of the R1000 prizes.
- A random selection for winners of the #avodineSA competition will be conducted by the promoter’s promotional agency, by placing the names of all eligible entries into a container and randomly removing 15 (fifteen) eligible entries per day on the 7 (seven) stipulated dates below (point 7). Each entrant therefore has an equal chance of being selected during the promotional period as stipulated.
- Daily winners will go back into the draw for the final grand prize of R10 000.
- This process will be overseen virtually by the promoter and an independent accountant.
- HOW WILL WINNER/S BE NOTIFIED?
- The 15 (fifteen) daily winners will be notified via a Facebook private inbox message and on the @iloveavocadoSA Facebook page and @iloveavosSA Instagram page from Friday 6th, Saturday 7th, Sunday 8th, Monday 9th May and Saturday 14th, Sunday 15th, Monday 16th May 2022.
- The 1 (one) grand prize winner, randomly selected from all entries received , will be notified via a Facebook private inbox message and on the @iloveavocadoSA Facebook page and @iloveavosSA Instagram page on Tuesday 17th May 2022.
- HOW WE WILL DELIVER YOUR PRIZE TO YOU
The cash prizes will be paid into each winner’s personal account via EFT. The organisers will contact the winners via private message on Facebook to obtain banking details and a valid identity or passport number. This information will be kept confidential and will not be shared with any third parties. Prizes will be deposited into winner’s account within 7 (seven) working days of receiving banking details.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF SAAGA CANNOT CONTACT THE WINNER OR IF THE WINNER IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE UP THE PRIZE?
SAAGA reserves the right to select a different winner if the winner cannot be contacted within 7 (seven) days after making a reasonable number of attempts (via Facebook inbox) to contact the winner within that period. If a different winner is selected, the initial winner forfeits the prize.
- SAAGA has the right to end this competition at any time. If this happens, SAAGA will publish a notice on Facebook/Instagram, and you agree to waive (give up) any rights that you may have about this competition and acknowledge that you will have no rights against SAAGA.
- SAAGA reserves the right to change the rules of the competition. SAAGA will publish changes on SAAGA’s website: https://www.avocado.co.za/ and SAAGA’s @iloveavocadoSA Facebook page and @iloveavosSA Instagram page.
- For convenience only, the date on which these rules were last amended is shown above. It is your responsibility to check the websites for amendments to these rules.
- The participant agrees not to hold SAAGA legally responsible for any discrepancies or errors caused due to the software and/or handset a participant used.
- The participant will not hold SAAGA liable for any technical errors originating from the SAAGA hosting website, (Facebook & Instagram), network suppliers and other service providers.
- Participants are responsible for any data, cell phone or any other charges necessary to enable participants to gain the necessary network or internet access to be able to access Facebook/Instagram to enter the competition.
- Any Facebook/Instagram promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook/Instagram. You are disclosing your information to SAAGA and not to Facebook/Instagram. By participating in this promotion, you release Facebook/Instagram from any and all liability in relation to the promotion.
- The prizes are not exchangeable/transferable for any other prize.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason, including technical and IT reasons. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- By entering the competition, the winner/s agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as SAAGA may require. The selection of winners will remain final. Any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All processes and results will be subject to independent review.